Monday, March 21, 2011

Blue Moonlight

Don't Bore Me!  Painter Sergei Bongart is quoted as having said "Anything in art is forgivable - except being boring!"  I want to try to keep this in mind.  I think avoiding boringness may actually be a source of courage!   When you tinker with a new thing in a painting, and then shut yourself down with "oh, that won't work", maybe you're allowing fear to creep in.  I remember watching the wonderful Ratindra Das doing a demo in watercolor.  He was slinging all kinds of colors around, one color slash right over another, and he'd say :"What am I doing?  I'm just entertaining myself here!"  And his paintings are so exciting!  So...I'm searching for courage in boredom-banishment!

Blue Moonlight is 6x6" acrylic media and collage on panel.

No comments:

Post a Comment