Monday, May 2, 2011

At the Edge of the Fields

Live, Laugh, Love - and Clean Your Room This weekend as we put together a teenager-sleepover, one of the kids texted home: "Dad, what's the plan for tomorrow?"  Dad texted back "Live, laugh, love - and clean your room."  Isn't this exactly right?  We had a lovely time displaying our Daily Painters Project work at the Encinitas Garden Festival this Saturday.  We lived, we laughed, we loved.   Now it's time to Clean our Room/Studio and begin to paint for our next challenge; Olive oil, Italian bread, rolling vineyards, sunbaked olive groves.  I've begun to warm up my palette after the Blues and Greens of the past two challenges.  Here I am remembering  Italian vistas and Savoring the Flavor.  I'll be focusing more on reds and yellows this month, lots of warmth.  
At the Edge of the Fields  is 8x8" acrylic on canvas.

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw this scene yesterday in the warmth of the South of France ... can you believe I didn't bring along my paints... I'm so regretting it now!
    I can't wait for the next event & olive oil...and to see more of what the group is painting.

    ReplyDelete