Friday, January 28, 2011

Love the Coastal Fog

Love the Coastal Fog - January 28, 2011 

Quoth the Sage : “At the end of this Challenge, if you have a stack of paintings that look like your pre-Challenge paintings, you have failed.  If, instead, at the end of this Challenge you have a stack of exciting new stuff – along with a stack of lousy paintings, too — you WIN!!  Living in your comfort zone isn’t what this is about.”

The gauntlet is cast.  So…my challenge is threefold.

1) Try a new medium.  All these years I’ve painted in oil.  Now I will try acrylic and mixed media.  2) Work on Design.  Instead of painting stuff, design an interesting use of space.  3) Create mysterious texture.  Use layering, scraping, collage; whatever it takes to make expressive texture.

That clicking sound…is my knees knocking!

So off I go, groping in the murk.  I will suspend for now the usual judgment calls on my paintings, and see what emerges.  Let the fun begin! 

Love the Coastal Fog 8″x8″ acrylic media and collage

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Design works super well. Can't wait for more!

    ReplyDelete